Now to the quote of the day:
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will;
When the road you are trudging seems all uphill;
When he funds are low and the debts are high;
And you want to smile but all you have is a sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit;
Rest if you must but don’t you quit.
The age old quote goes like this: “quitters never win and winners never quit.” Simply put, it won’t be easy but you must continue and at the end all that seemed like suffering then, would be worth it.
Have a lovely weekend everyone.
God bless you all and see you next week.
Finally stay away from trouble!!! Say no to terrorism and pray for the chibok girls and Nigeria in general.
Yipee its once again children’s day. I wish I could wind the clock back to the carefree days of my childhood but alas time has gone and we look forward to having our own children someday, very soon (LOL). So i decided to commemorate the day with a post filled with twenty different quotes from the Bible and other great people about children.
Also Happy birthday to my friend and one-time roommate Juddy and to my lovely brother from another mother Handy; wishing you both the very best and may God’s blessings rain down tremendously on you both. I love you to pieces. Now to the post:
- Discipline your children while they are young enough to learn. If you don’t, you are helping them destroy themselves.
—Proverbs 19: 18
- It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
- We do not ask people how many children they have. It is not done. Children are not goats, sheep or yams to be counted.
- He that loves not his wife and children feeds a lioness at home and breeds a nest of sorrows.
- The legitimate desire to have a child cannot be interpreted as the right to have a child at any cost.
—John Paul II
- Let our children grow tall, and some taller than others if they have it in them to do so.
- To make your children capable of honesty is the beginning of education.
- Children are guests in the home, to be loved, and respected not to be possessed since they belong to God.
- You can do anything with children when you play with them. Not everything is for children. Not everything is for everyone.
- Children have never been good at listening to their elders but they have never failed to imitate them.
- Problem children tend to grow up into problem adults, problem adults tend to produce more problem children.
- Children are treasures of inestimable value and thus should be loved, cherished, guided and protected.
- Children are God’s gift to humanity for without them the world would be like a world that lacks lustre, hopeless and dull; a world without colors and fantasies.
- Teach children how they should live, and they will remember it all their life.
—Proverbs 22: 6
- Children naturally do silly, careless things but a good spanking will teach them how to behave
—Proverbs 22: 15
- Wise children pay attention when their parents correct them, but arrogant people never admit they are wrong.
—Proverbs 13: 1
- My child, pay attention to what your father and mother tell you. Their teaching will improve your character as a handsome turban or a necklace improves your appearance.
—Proverbs 1: 8-9
- The Lord corrects those he loves, as parents correct a child of whom they are proud.
—Proverbs 3: 12
- Wise children make their fathers proud of them; foolish ones bring their mothers grief.
—Proverbs 10: 1
- Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a real blessing. The sons a man has when he is young are like arrows in a soldier’s hand. Happy is the man who has many such arrows. He will never be defeated when he meets his enemies in the place of judgment.
—Psalms 127: 3-5
Best wishes to all the children of the world; you won’t have this childhood forever, savor it while it lasts. For all those who ask God each day for their own treasure of inestimable value, God’s word is with you when He said: “There shall be no barren woman in the land.” For the pregnant women, His word is still with you when He said: “You shall deliver like the hebrew women.”
Finally to the Chibok girls and every other child that has been kidnapped, our prayers are with you and God in His infinite mercies would save you all. God bless every child!!! God bless Nigeria!!! Happy Children’s day!!!
If there was ever a time to dare;
To make a difference; to embark on something worth doing;
It is now. Not for any grand cause, necessarily.
But for something that tugs at your heart;
Something that is worth your aspiration;
Something that is your dream;
You owe it to yourself to make your days count;
Have fun. Dig deep. Stretch far. Dream Big.
And once again, i do not know where this poem originates from but this poem or is it quote says its all. You owe it to yourself, to the world to be all that God has created you to be. Do not settle for less. You can do it through Christ who strengthens you.
You can’t be all things to all people;
You can’t do all things at once;
You can’t do all things equally well;
You can’t do all things better than everyone else;
Your humanity is showing just like everyone else’s
Just be yourself.
YOU were not created to be someone else. You were created to be YOU; unique and special. You cannot please everyone so do not bother trying. Do the best you can and that’s enough
Now to our quote of the day:
Believe in the incredible power of the human mind
Of doing something that makes a difference, of working hard;
Of laughing and hoping, of lasting friends;
Of all the things that will cross your path;
The start of something new brings the hope of something great;
Anything is possible. There is only you;
And you will pass this way but once;
Do it right; the 1st time.
And once again, i do not know who wrote this but if you do,lemme know. There is no such word as impossibility. In other words, impossible is not a stopping point, its a starting point to overcome. Do it right the first time for you shall only pass this way but once, so any good that you can do, any kindness that you can show to any human being, do it now, do not defer or neglect it at all for this world is not our own.
If only the words “I love you” each time they were sent;
Came from the sender’s heart;
If only they were truly meant;
If kisses and warm hugs were more readily given;
If we were more accepting, earth would be more like heaven;
If only we could love others as much as we love ourselves;
Fewer partners would be rejected and shoved back on the shelves;
Children would feel more secure; grow up confident and strong;
And find their place in the world, knowing where they belong;
Love is the sustainer of life, bringing well-being and health;
Wellspring of true happiness; a value greater than wealth;
I know that God truly loves me. He gives hugs all the time;
If only each person on earth knew the savior who is mine.
Love is one topic that cannot be exhausted. Love is the very reason of our existence and most times we say the words but do not mean them. LOVE drew the Son Of God from Heaven to die for sinful ones like you and I. Its time to extend that love to others no matter how unworthy they are of that love for Christ showed us love in that He died for us while we were still sinners.
From today i will be posting one or two quotes everyday that have helped me during trying periods. if you have any quotes, feel free to add any quotes that you know to the comment section.
Dare to believe:
That you are a wonderful, unique person;
That you are a once-in-all history event;
That it’s more than a right; it’s your duty to be who you are;
That life is not a problem to solve but a gift to cherish;
And you will be able to stay one up on what you used to get you down.
i do not know who wrote this quote but if you do know who, you can let me know. You are unique,never let anyone tell you different. God made you to be perfect. You were made to show forth God’s glory. When you wake up in the morning tell yourself this I am unique, one of a kind, God lives in me, His son died for me and His spirit dwells in me.