Yipee its once again children’s day. I wish I could wind the clock back to the carefree days of my childhood but alas time has gone and we look forward to having our own children someday, very soon (LOL). So i decided to commemorate the day with a post filled with twenty different quotes from the Bible and other great people about children.
Also Happy birthday to my friend and one-time roommate Juddy and to my lovely brother from another mother Handy; wishing you both the very best and may God’s blessings rain down tremendously on you both. I love you to pieces. Now to the post:
- Discipline your children while they are young enough to learn. If you don’t, you are helping them destroy themselves.
—Proverbs 19: 18
- It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
- We do not ask people how many children they have. It is not done. Children are not goats, sheep or yams to be counted.
- He that loves not his wife and children feeds a lioness at home and breeds a nest of sorrows.
- The legitimate desire to have a child cannot be interpreted as the right to have a child at any cost.
—John Paul II
- Let our children grow tall, and some taller than others if they have it in them to do so.
- To make your children capable of honesty is the beginning of education.
- Children are guests in the home, to be loved, and respected not to be possessed since they belong to God.
- You can do anything with children when you play with them. Not everything is for children. Not everything is for everyone.
- Children have never been good at listening to their elders but they have never failed to imitate them.
- Problem children tend to grow up into problem adults, problem adults tend to produce more problem children.
- Children are treasures of inestimable value and thus should be loved, cherished, guided and protected.
- Children are God’s gift to humanity for without them the world would be like a world that lacks lustre, hopeless and dull; a world without colors and fantasies.
- Teach children how they should live, and they will remember it all their life.
—Proverbs 22: 6
- Children naturally do silly, careless things but a good spanking will teach them how to behave
—Proverbs 22: 15
- Wise children pay attention when their parents correct them, but arrogant people never admit they are wrong.
—Proverbs 13: 1
- My child, pay attention to what your father and mother tell you. Their teaching will improve your character as a handsome turban or a necklace improves your appearance.
—Proverbs 1: 8-9
- The Lord corrects those he loves, as parents correct a child of whom they are proud.
—Proverbs 3: 12
- Wise children make their fathers proud of them; foolish ones bring their mothers grief.
—Proverbs 10: 1
- Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a real blessing. The sons a man has when he is young are like arrows in a soldier’s hand. Happy is the man who has many such arrows. He will never be defeated when he meets his enemies in the place of judgment.
—Psalms 127: 3-5
Best wishes to all the children of the world; you won’t have this childhood forever, savor it while it lasts. For all those who ask God each day for their own treasure of inestimable value, God’s word is with you when He said: “There shall be no barren woman in the land.” For the pregnant women, His word is still with you when He said: “You shall deliver like the hebrew women.”
Finally to the Chibok girls and every other child that has been kidnapped, our prayers are with you and God in His infinite mercies would save you all. God bless every child!!! God bless Nigeria!!! Happy Children’s day!!!